PE’s coverage of Cincinnati Streetcar’s First Rails
October 17, 2013 2 Comments
PE was the first source on site for the Cincinnati Streetcar‘s initial delivery of rails. We were there to see the truck pull up with the goods a couple hours before the festivities. Here is your front row seat to that and the rest of the fanfare.
The old road bed.
Looking north toward 14th Street.
The old rails.
Rail contractor. Delta is mathematician-ese for change.
Construction will move north of 14th Street soon.
The first delivery of rails arrives!
The first rail is officially delivered to the project site!
Council member Laure Quinlivan.
With Mayor Mark Mallory.
Project Executive John Deatrick.
First rail is officially set in place.
- Streetcar project: First rail to be installed (wcpo.com)
- Cincinnati Streetcar Foes Attempt to Revoke Urbanist Blogger’s Right to Vote (dc.streetsblog.org)
- Streetcar construction closes Vine Street in OTR (wcpo.com)
- Cincinnati streetcar construction causing road closures (wlwt.com)
- Colors for new Cincinnati streetcar announced (wlwt.com)